Urban Exploration – Port Augusta Power Station

In 1943, commercial coal mining began in Leigh Creek. The South Australian government of the day wanted to develop a self-sufficient energy supply following coal shortages during the Second World War. ¬†As such, the Electricity Trust of South Australia (ETSA) needed a station with boilers capable of burning Leigh Creek coal, and commissioned the Playford […]

Read More Urban Exploration – Port Augusta Power Station